Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Weekend Gardeners

It was another beautiful weekend in our town. This time of year is the best. The weather was beautiful...morning, noon, and night. Jeffrey and I spent Sunday working in the yard. I worked in the flower beds, while he mowed, trimmed and cleaned up. Today, the beautiful weather was calling our name again to come work outside. I went to my childhood home and took many stones and flagstones. We put the stones around a corner of the yard. It is a nice welcome to the property. I also brought some plants back from the house and planted them in our yard. You can see the before and after shots on Jeffrey's Blog.
Here's an update of my favorite view of the garden...

Same bed, different angle.

On Sunday night, we hung out on our front porch. Toby really wanted to join us.

We had a few drinks and took a few photos. Jeffrey took several shots of the moon, you can view a neat one on his blog.

Here's a photo of a beautiful white dogwood across the street.

The newly bordered bed.

Transplanted Christmas Fern

Sunday afternoon was kind of exciting...I was cutting weeds and grass between this old iron fence in our yard..when all of a sudden I felt this moist movement between my fingers...GROSS. I looked down and saw something that resembled a snake. I am scared of snakes. So, I jumped up screaming and Jeffrey came over wondering what was wrong. We went back and found a spotted salamander in our garden. I grew up with little salamanders all around our pool, but I have never seen one like this before. He went and hid in a small Echinacea plant. We were able to snap a few photos of him.
This is the fence near where I found him...

Here's a very bad photo of him hiding in the Echinacea

No comments: