Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Summer is Slippin' Away
It just occurred to me that it is almost August. As a child I would dread the month of August...school shopping, fittings for the school uniform, cramming the summer reading into my daily schedule and practicing going to bed at a decent hour. Where has it gone? Here's a list of 10 things I hope to do before the summer ends.
1. Go to the beach at least 2 times this summer.
2. Pick blackberries.
3. Sit on the front porch at least once a week with Jeffrey.
4. Visit a few antique shops on a leisurely drive.
5. Open the windows and listen to the crickets.
6. Swim in the ocean with some friends.
7. Take a dip in a pool.
8. Bask in the sun with a good book...know of any?
9. Eat an ice cream cone on the boardwalk at Rehoboth Beach.
10. Enjoy the flowers in our yard and remember that summertime only comes once a year...so enjoy it.