Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie

My friend, Barbara gave me a recipe for Peanut Butter Pie. She and her daughter were raving about it...so here it goes. It was very easy and delicious. I haven't had peanut butter pie in forever and I think every time I have eaten it, I ordered it from a restaurant.

PB PIE
Crust:
1 c. graham cracker crums
1/4 c. suga
14 c. unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temp.

Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese - room temp.
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1 c. plus 2 tbls powdered sugar
2 Tbls. unsalted butter - room temp.
1/2 c. whipping cream
1 tbls. vanilla extract

Topping:
1/2 c. whipping cream
6 oz. semisweet chocolate, choppped

For crust - generously butter 9 inch pie plate, mix all ingredients in bowl, press mixture evenly in prepared pan. Refridgerate 1 hour. ( I CHEATED AND USED A PREMADE CRUST)

Filling: Beat cream cheese and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1 c. powdered sugar and butter. Beat until fluffy. Beat cream in medium bowl until soft peaks form, gradually add remaining tbls of sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks. ( I BEAT IT WITH A WISK MYSELF...PHEW..MY ARM. WHERE WERE THE GUYS FROM THE KITCHEN AT WORK??? THEY CAN WISK IT SO FAST.) Fold 1/3 of cream into peanut butter mixture to lighten. Gently fold in remaining cream. Spoon into crust. Refridgerate until firm - about 3 hours.

Topping: Bring cream to simmer in small heavy sauce pan over low heat. Add chocolate and stir until smooth. Cool to lukewarm. Spread topping over pie, refriderate unitl firm (about 3 hours).

2 comments:

Oyster Girl said...

Yum!

I forgot to ask you! Can you make my Silpada party on Sunday from 2-4?!?

-brittany- said...

This sounds awesome! I will have to try this out. Best PB pie in Chattanooga (since I am not much of a cook)is at Blue Plate. Great place to eat and located next to the Tennessee Aquarium. They serve several of the same items served at Aretha's.